Pinehills Tax Services
Accurate & Affordable Tax Preparation You Can Rely On
We work hard to make sure that you receive the maximum refund possible.
We prepare hundreds of returns each year and have special expertise in filing senior returns.
All of our counselors must go through rigorous training every year on IRS tax regulations.
Serving Plymouth MA & Surrounding Communities
Pinehills Tax Flash !
The 2022 tax filing system has begun.
- Federal taxes are due on or before:
- Monday, April 18, 2023.
- MA taxes are due on or before:
- Tuesday, April 19, 2023.
Call us today at (508) 209-0046 to schedule your appointment.
WHAT WE DO
Individual & Self Employed Financial Services
Individual & Self Employed Taxes
Pinehills Tax Services focuses on individual and small business tax returns and has special expertise preparing senior (55+) returns.
We provide a convenient level of service:
- meet at your preferred location
- review your situation
- professionally prepare your return
- you sign & we e-file
Financial Planning for Survivability
Today, the world around us moves at such breakneck speed, that it is impossible to gain control of your financial situation. You don’t know who to trust and almost every other phone call is a scam to steal your money or identity.
If you are having difficulty keeping pace with your financial survivability for whatever reason, we can help you develop strategies and discipline…
Seniors Helping Seniors
As seniors ourselves, PTS has embarked upon a program to help person(s)-in-need. Many of these individuals have experienced a traumatic life changing event and have no one to turn to for help. Oftentimes, they are:
- facing foreclosure
- incapable of managing their money
- struggling with debt obligations
- alone with no support network
- and much, much more….
Resources & Calculators
Useful Resources for Financial Management & Forecasting
Buying a home is the largest purchase most people will make in their lifetime, so you should think carefully about how you’re going to finance it. Setting a budget upfront — long before you look at homes — can help you avoid falling in love with a home you can’t afford. That’s where a simple mortgage calculator can help.
Whether you’re considering getting started with investing or you’re already a seasoned investor, an investment calculator can help you figure out how to meet your goals. It can show you how your initial investment, frequency of contributions and risk tolerance can all affect how your money grows.
Withdrawing money from a qualified retirement plan, such as a Traditional IRA, 401(k) or 403(b) plans, among others, can create a sizable tax obligation. If you are under 59 1/2 you may also be subject to a 10% early withdrawal penalty. Use this calculator to gross up your net payment amount so that taxes are taken into account.
The Ptax Preferred Provider(s) Network
For those who have been asking for “references”, we are adding a Preferred Provider who we believe would be a good and trustworthy solution for your specific personal or financial situation. Currently, our preferred providers are listed below and are subject to change without notice.
If you would like to discuss your situation with a preferred provider, please call us at (508) 209-0046, so that we can direct you appropriately. One exception here is that if you are in need of help for selecting a Medicare plan for 2023, please call Elaine Buonvicino at Turning 65 Consulting. She can be reached at (781) 934-4696. Please let her know that we directed you to her.
Elaine Buonvicino, Licensed Agent
Small/Large Business Entities:
Ken Hurley, CPA
Investment Advisory Services:
Steve Mula, CFP, J.J. Burns&Co
Wills & Estates (Simple):
Paul Milliken, Esq.
Wills & Estates (Complex):
Felix Betro, CPA, JD, CVA
IRS Audits (Simple):
Pinehills Tax Services
IRS Audits (Complex):
Betro & Associates
The PtaxMobile App
PtaxMobile is our branded app that allows you to send your tax information to us from anywhere – no need for an office visit! You can save time and get your refund quickly
PtaxMobile – Instructional Video
(Click the play icon to watch the TaxesToGo video)
Fair & Transparent Pricing
All Returns include:
- Form 1040/1040SR
- MA Form 1 2022
- Standard Deduction
BasicBest for Simple Returns
- Single or married filing jointly
- W-2 Wages and/or unemployement income
- Earned Income Credit (no kids)
- Student Loan interest
- Investment Income (1099-B)
- No dependents
StandardBest for Families
- Basic plus:
- All Sources of Income
- (1) Investment income (1099-B)
- (3) IRA Distributions (1099-R)
- Children and other dependents
- Dependent credits: EIC, Education, Child care
- Head of Household status
AdvancedBest for Self Employed
- Standard plus your choice of one of the following:
- Sale of Home (1099-S)
- Itemized Deductions (Schd A)
- Business Income (Schd C)
- Business Use of Home (Form 8829)
- Foreign Income and Assets
Senior Saver Tax Return
In 2020, as part of our Seniors Helping Seniors initiative, we introduced the Senior Saver tax return in South Meadow Village in Carver, MA. It has been extremely well received. In 2021, we added Plymouth Mobile Estates. The Senior Saver tax return is only for 55+ communities and provides:
- Convenience – no office visits (we come to you)
- Accuracy – we prepare hundreds of senior returns every year
- Expertise – we know the ins & outs of senior tax returns
- Fair & Transparent Pricing – you know what you will pay upfront
- All sources of Income + (1) Brokerage Statement
Contact us at (508) 209-0046 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how your 55+ community can take advantage of these benefits.
Pricing starts at $135
Tax Preparation – Additional Charges
We only charge for additional services that are necessary to accurately file your return, such as:
- Business Income (Schedule C)
- Business Use of Home (Form 8829)
- Itemized Deductions (Schedule A)
- Paid Preparer’s Due Diligence Check List (Form 8867)
- Tax Credits: EITC, CTC, ACTC, ODC, AOTC
- Amended returns – Federal and/or State
- Additional State Return
- 1099-B Broker Statement(s) – Investment Income
- Sale of Home (Form 1099-S)
- FBAR (Form FinCen 114) Reporting
- Statement of Specified Foreign Financial Assets (Form 8938)
- Unique situations that require additional preparation
Jeannie Carlson – Landmarks in the Sand
I have to give a big shout out to my sister-in-law Jeannie Carlson for the publication of her new book Landmarks in the Sand. Her composite of 44 poems accompanied by a color photograph refer, in one way or another, to life experences in St. Petersburg, Florida, where the author has lived for more than 30 years.
Read Bill DeYoung’s interview “Jeannie Carlson explores St. Pete with the soul of a poet“. Landmarks in the Sand is available from St. Petersburg Press and can be purchased online and at most retail outlets.