Pinehills Tax Services
Accurate & Affordable Tax Preparation You Can Rely On
We work hard to make sure that you receive the maximum refund possible.
We prepare hundreds of returns each year and have special expertise in filing senior returns.
All of our counselors must go through rigorous training every year on IRS tax regulations.
Serving Plymouth MA & Surrounding Communities
Pinehills Tax Flash !
The Medicare Part B giveback is a benefit specific to some Medicare Advantage plans. This benefit covers up to the entire Medicare Part B premium amount for the policyholder. The give back benefit can be a great way for beneficiaries to save, as the premium is deducted from their Social Security checks each month.
However, not all Advantage plans offer this benefit. Plan availability depends on your location as these plans are not available in every ZIP Code. Additionally, you’ll first want to know if a Medicare Advantage plan will provide the best coverage for your needs. To learn more about the giveback, we recommend that you contact our preferred Medicare provider, Elaine Bounvicino at (781) 934-4696.
WHAT WE DO
Individual & Self Employed Financial Services
Individual & Self Employed Taxes
Pinehills Tax Services focuses on individual and small business tax returns and has special expertise preparing senior (55+) returns.
We provide a convenient level of service:
- meet at your preferred location
- review your situation
- professionally prepare your return
- you sign & we e-file
Financial Planning for Survivability
Today, the world around us moves at such breakneck speed, that it is impossible to gain control of your financial situation. You don’t know who to trust and almost every other phone call is a scam to steal your money or identity.
If you are having difficulty keeping pace with your financial survivability for whatever reason, we can help you develop strategies and discipline…
Seniors Helping Seniors
As seniors ourselves, PTS has embarked upon a program to help person(s)-in-need. Many of these individuals have experienced a traumatic life changing event and have no one to turn to for help. Oftentimes, they are:
- facing foreclosure
- incapable of managing their money
- struggling with debt obligations
- alone with no support network
- and much, much more….
Resources & Calculators
Useful Resources for Financial Management & Forecasting
Buying a home is the largest purchase most people will make in their lifetime, so you should think carefully about how you’re going to finance it. Setting a budget upfront — long before you look at homes — can help you avoid falling in love with a home you can’t afford. That’s where a simple mortgage calculator can help.
Whether you’re considering getting started with investing or you’re already a seasoned investor, an investment calculator can help you figure out how to meet your goals. It can show you how your initial investment, frequency of contributions and risk tolerance can all affect how your money grows.
Withdrawing money from a qualified retirement plan, such as a Traditional IRA, 401(k) or 403(b) plans, among others, can create a sizable tax obligation. If you are under 59 1/2 you may also be subject to a 10% early withdrawal penalty. Use this calculator to gross up your net payment amount so that taxes are taken into account.
Elaine Buonvicino is an independent insurance agent focusing on individuals entering into retirement and retirees. Elaine will work with you in Individual Medicare Planning, Group Medicare Planning, Life Insurance, Dental & Vision, Senior Travel Insurance, and Hospital Indemnity Insurance.
Elaine’s past business experience has been as a Financial Advisor, Life Insurance Advisor, and business owner. Her financial and business experience have given her a professional background to help individuals move into retirement years. Getting a personalized Medicare Plan in place and reviewing it yearly is an important component of living comfortably in retirement. Elaine has the knowledge and compassion to work successfully with you in developing a Medicare plan which fits your medical and financial needs.
Medicare Plans You Can Count On
Medicare Advantage plans are new health care options that are part of the Medicare program. Coverage may include Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage as well as hospital, doctor, skilled nursing, and other medical services.
A Medicare Supplement (Medigap) insurance, sold by private companies, can help pay some of the health care costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover, like copayments, coinsurance, and deductibles.
Medicare Part D
Medicare Part D is the federal government’s prescription drug program that covers both brand-name and generic prescription drugs at participating pharmacies in your area
Coming Soon – Additional Preferred Providers
- Small or Large Business Entities (S/C-Corp, LLC’s) – Ken Hurley, CPA
- Investment Advisory Services – JJ Burns & Co, Steve Mula, CIO, CFP
- Wills & Estates (Simple) – Paul Milliken, Esq.
- Wills & Estates (Complex) – Felix Betro, CPA, JD, CVA
- IRS Audits (Simple) – Pinehills Tax Services
- IRS Audits (Complex) – Betro & Associates
Fair & Transparent Pricing
All Returns include:
- Form 1040/1040SR
- MA Form 1 2022
- Standard Deduction
BasicBest for Simple Returns
- Single or married filing jointly
- W-2 Wages and/or unemployement income
- Earned Income Credit (no kids)
- Student Loan interest
- Investment Income (1099-B)
- No dependents
StandardBest for Families
- Basic plus:
- All Sources of Income
- (1) Investment income (1099-B)
- (3) IRA Distributions (1099-R)
- Children and other dependents
- Dependent credits: EIC, Education, Child care
- Head of Household status
AdvancedBest for Self Employed
- Standard plus your choice of one of the following:
- Sale of Home (1099-S)
- Itemized Deductions (Schd A)
- Business Income (Schd C)
- Business Use of Home (Form 8829)
- Foreign Income and Assets
In 2020, as part of our Seniors Helping Seniors initiative, we introduced the Senior Saver tax return in South meadow Village in Carver, MA. We added Plymouth Mobile Estates in 2021. The Senior Saver return is for 55+ communities only and provides:
- Convenience – no office visits (we come to you)
- Accuracy – we prepare hundreds of senior returns every year
- Fair & Transparent Pricing – you know what you will pay upfront
- All sources of Income + (1) Brokerage Statement
- Massachusetts Circuit Breaker Credit
Contact us to learn how your 55+ community can take advantage of these benefits.
Pricing starts at $135
Tax Preparation – Additional Charges
We will only charge for additional services that are necessary to accurately file your return, such as:
- Business Income (Schedule C)
- Business Use of Home (Form 8829)
- Itemized Deductions (Schedule A)
- Qualified Business Income Deduction
- Paid Preparer’s Due Diligence Check List (Form 8867)
- Tax Credits: EITC, CTC, ACTC, ODC, AOTC
- HOH filing status
- Additional State Return
- 1099-B Broker Statement(s) – Investment Income
- Sale of Home (Form 1099-S)
- Statement of Specified Foreign Financial Assets (Form 8938)
- Situations That Require Additional Preparation Time
Jeannie Carlson – Landmarks in the Sand
I have to give a big shout out to my sister-in-law Jeannie Carlson for the publication of her new book Landmarks in the Sand. Her composite of 44 poems accompanied by a color photograph refer, in one way or another, to life experences in St. Petersburg, Florida, where the author has lived for more than 30 years.
Read Bill DeYoung’s interview “Jeannie Carlson explores St. Pete with the soul of a poet“. Landmarks in the Sand is available from St. Petersburg Press and can be purchased online and at most retail outlets.